The University of Cape Coast invites applications from experienced, results-oriented and highly motivated individuals for the position of Head for University Sports Section which has become vacant.
The Head of Sports is the administrative head of the Section. He/she is directly responsible to the Registrar but ultimately to the Vice Chancellor.
Candidates seeking appointment to this position must:
- possess M. Phil in Physical Education or relevant professional qualification;
- have a minimum of one (1) year post-qualification experience; and
- be knowledgeable in sports organization in a university or analogous institution.
The Head of Sports shall:
- liaise between the Section and the University through the Director, Directorate of Consular and General Services;
- liaise and work with relevant organisations or agencies including youth services, schools, clubs, sports coaches and sports councils;
- organize, develop and deliver a varied range of sporting activities, projects or programmes in the University;
- find funding and managing budgets of the Section;
- find and train coaches, volunteers and staff;
- work towards making sport more accessible to everyone in the University; and
- give reports on sporting activities in the University.
Mode of Application
Application forms are obtainable from the Senior Members Section, Directorate of Human Resource, University of Cape Coast. The forms could be downloaded from the University’s website: www.ucc.edu.gh
All completed application forms together with relevant supporting documents and Curriculum Vitae should be submitted to the Registrar, University of Cape Coast not later than 15th June 2023.